Taking your baby to one of our stunning Australian beaches is a perfect way to spend a summer day.
Bringing your baby to the beach might mean that you don't get to lay back and soak up the sunshine while reading the latest best-seller, but it does mean you get to watch them experience the joy of exploring a new environment.
As you may know by now, planning can significantly reduce stress levels when taking your baby anywhere. They might be little, but they seem to need lots!
It's likely your pre-baby beach bag contained sun cream, a hat, a towel, and a decent book; you will need a few extras to be prepared when taking your baby to the beach.
Baby beach bag essentials
Deciding what to bring with you can be overwhelming, so we've compiled a list of your baby beach bag essentials to remove the stress and help get you and your little one beach ready!
- Baby care play mat: a compact baby play mat is a beach essential for your newborn. Baby play mats are the perfect beach accessory, offering a comfortable place for your baby to lie away from the hot sand. Both foam and linen play mats are suitable for your baby's first beach visit, and, as your baby may need to nap while you are at the beach, you know they will be safe and comfortable.
- Clothing: aim for practical, sun-safe clothing to protect your baby's delicate skin from the sun. There are many gorgeous, sun-safe playsuits available; just make sure you bring a change of clothes.
- Sunscreen: we recommend consulting your doctor about sunscreen on newborns. Generally, the recommendation is to wait until a baby is around six months old before using sunscreen.
- Towels: if you take your little one in the water, they'll need a soft towel to dry them off before they get changed.
- Sunshade: from old-school sun umbrellas to pop-up sun-safe tents, you'll need something to keep the sun's harsh rays away from your baby's delicate skin.
- Nappy bag: you'll need all your essentials from your nappy bag in your baby beach bag. You never know when you'll need a nappy!
- Water: you'll need plenty of water for yourself at the beach, so don't forget to practice self-care and ensure you have a large water bottle to keep you hydrated.
LUDERE – helping you and your baby
Choose Ludere for luxurious and versatile baby play mats in Australia. From seeing your baby for the first time to reaching the most significant milestones the team here at Ludere is here for you. We designed our range to grow with your family and help you have fun along the way.
If you have any extra hints and tips we would love to hear them. Please follow us on Instagram @luderekids and let us know your baby beach bag tips!